Bit's smart documents can be used internally by individuals and teams. It's important to have an internal place to collaborate on projects, work through ideas, create content, and collaborate across your internal work. It's also important to be able to create documents and content that can be shared with customers, partners, etc.
Bit documents can be shared with the outside world in three big ways:
Live Document Sharing
Embed Document on Any Website
Create Trackable Link for Document
🎥 Watch this video to learn more👇
Learn How to Share Your Bit Document
👉🏼 1. Open up the document you want to share and click on the 'More' button on the far right side of the top bar.
2. 👉🏼 From the drop-down select 'Share.'
3. 👉🏼And enable sharing pop up will open. Click on 'Turn on Sharing'.
1️⃣ Share Live Document
👉🏼 Go to the Share Live Link section of the sharing pop-up. Click 'Copy Link' on the live document link to share it with your audience.
2️⃣ Embed Document
👉🏼1. Go the Embed Document section of the sharing popup. Click 'Get Code.'
2. 👉🏼A popup will open with the embed code. Click 'Copy Code.'
3. 👉🏼Add your embed code to any website or blog. Embed your Bit documents onto WordPress, Squarespace, Wix, Weebly, Google Sites, Blogger, GoDaddy, Webflow, etc.
3️⃣ Create Trackable Link
👉🏼1. Go the Share Trackable Link section of the sharing popup. Click 'Create Link.'
2. 👉🏼A popup will open that will allow you to set up your trackable link.
3. 👉🏼Edit the title of the trackable link document that your audience will see. This is helpful if you want to customize the title for that recipient.
4. 👉🏼Add internal notes to help provide you with details about the trackable link: Add details like #hashtags, who the trackable links are for, the purpose of sending it, what the content is, etc. All of the information in these notes will be searchable when you're searching through your trackable links.
5. 👉🏼Add an optional lead capture form that acts as a stoppage before your audience can enter your document. Select whether you would like to collect the name, email, company name, job title, or phone number on your lead capture form. You can even choose to include your personal profile.
6. 👉🏼Choose to make your trackable link password protected.
7. 👉🏼If you'd like you can add an expiration date for your trackable link. After a set time period the trackable link will no longer be accessible.
8. 👉🏼Choose your email notification settings. Either receive an email anytime there is a visitor activity on the trackable link or only receive an email when there are feedback messages.
9. 👉🏼Once you're done adjusting the trackable link settings, click 'Save.'
10. 👉🏼Click 'Copy' the trackable link to share it with your audience.
11. 👉🏼To view the analytics of your trackable link click 'Trackable Links' on the sidebar of the main application.
🎙 If you have any questions or suggestions, please message us on our in-app chat (click on the [?] on the top bar of Bit's platform and select chat with us) or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.