Bit's smart documents can be used internally by individuals and teams. It's important to have an internal place to collaborate on projects, work through ideas, create content, and collaborate across your internal work. It's also important to be able to create documents and content that can be shared with customers, partners, etc.
Bit documents can be shared with the outside world in three big ways:
- Live Document Sharing
- Embed Document on Any Website
- Create Trackable Link for Document
🎥 Watch this video to learn more👇
Learn How to Share a Trackable Link:
1. 👉🏼 Open up the document you want to share and click on the More button on the far right side of the top bar.
2. 👉🏼 From the drop-down select 'Share.'
3. 👉🏼An enable sharing pop up will open. Click on 'Turn on Sharing'.
4. 👉🏼Go the Share Trackable Link section of the sharing popup. Click 'Create Trackable Link.'
5. 👉🏼A popup will open that will allow you to set up your trackable link.
6. 👉🏼Edit the title of the trackable link document that your audience will see. This is helpful if you want to customize the title for that recipient.
7. 👉🏼Add internal notes to help provide you with details about the trackable link: Add details like #hashtags, who the trackable links is for, the purpose of sending it, what the content is, etc. All of the information in these notes will be searchable when you're searching through your trackable links.
8. 👉🏼Add an optional lead capture form that acts as a stop page before you audience can enter your document. Select whether you would like to collect the name, email, company name, job title or phone number on your lead capture form. You can even choose to include your personal profile.
9. 👉🏼Choose to make your trackable link password protected.
10. 👉🏼If you'd like you can add an expiration date for your trackable link. After a set time period the the trackable link will no longer be accessible.
11. 👉🏼Choose your email notification settings. Either receive an email anytime there is a visit or activity on the trackable link or only receive an email when there are feedback messages.
12. 👉🏼Once you're done adjusting the trackable link settings, click 'Save.'
13. 👉🏼Click 'Copy' the trackable link to share it with your audience.
14. 👉🏼To view the analytics of your trackable link click 'Trackable Links' on the the side bar of the main application.
🎙 If you have any questions or suggestions, please message us on our in-app chat (click on the [?] on the top bar and select chat with us) or email us at email@example.com.