Bit documents inside the same workspace can be easily interlinked to create a beautiful external wiki. You can create customer guides, processes, guides, tech documentation, roadmaps, reports, knowledge bases and more.
Follow these directions to interlink your documents and create an external wiki:
👉🏼1. Open up a Bit document and start typing.
👉🏼2. Highlight any portion of your text.
👉🏼3. You'll see a formatting tool bar appear. Click on 'Link to Document.'
👉🏼4. Start searching for any document with this workspace.
👉🏼5. Once you found it you can add it to your document and you'll see the text you originally highlighted now has a hyperlink taking the user to that document.
👉🏼6. Continue building your documents and interlinking them.
👉🏼7. Once you're done click on the More button on the far right side of the top bar.
8. 👉🏼 From the drop-down select 'Share.'
9. 👉🏼And enable sharing pop up will open. Click on 'Turn on Sharing'.
10. 👉🏼Go the Embed Document section of the sharing popup. Click 'Get Code.'
11. 👉🏼A popup will open with the embed code. Click 'Copy Code.'
12. 👉🏼Add your embed code to any website or blog. Embed your Bit documents onto WordPress, Squarespace, Wix, Weebly, Google Sites, Blogger, Go Daddy, Webflow, etc.
🎙 If you have any questions or suggestions, please message us on our in-app chat (click on the [?] on the top bar and select chat with us) or email us at email@example.com.