The content library is defaulted to grid mode and can be changed to list mode. It's a helpful way of sorting, searching, viewing and inserting your content in your Bit documents.
🤔What is the content library?
Bit starts with workspaces. Workspaces can be created around projects, teams, company's, clients, vendors and more. You can have a personal workspace or invite other team members to join you to work together.
Inside every workspace there are documents. and a content library. The content library is a smart way to store all types of digital assets associated with the workspace. It helps reduce shoulder tapping by creating one central place to access and share important content.
Here are all the types of digital content that is stored:
- Files (Bit supports hundreds of file types)
- Rich embeds (YouTube videos, Google Spreadsheets, Google Docs, Box documents, One Drive documents, Facebook posts, etc.)
- Web links to any website, product, article, etc.
You can save all types of digital content along side images and files in one beautiful place.
Access Your Content Library Inside of Any Document
The wonderful part of your content library is that you can also access it when you're inside of any document.
👉1. Open any document and click on a blank line to activate the (+) icon.
👉2. Click the (+) icon to open up your widgets. Click on the 'content library' widget.
👉3. You'll see a pop up show up with the option to add any content from your content library directly into your document.
To Recap - Content libraries help with the following:
- Keeps all important information in one place regardless of what type of content it is or where it's stored online.
- Allows you and your team to collectively share important content pertaining to a project, team, client, vendor, etc.
- Reduces shoulder tapping by allowing your team to know where to go to find important digital assets.
- Having unique content libraries inside each workspace helps ensure access is only given to those who are part of the workspace.
- You can quickly and easily reuse digital content and add anything in your content library directly into your Bit document.
Just about any type of digital content online and offline can be added to a Bit document and will be automatically added to your content library.
🎙 If you have any questions or suggestions, please message us on our in-app chat (click on the [?] on the top bar and select chat with us) or email us at email@example.com.