There are two important ways to format text and you should know both ways. One is by typing and formatting text manually and another way is an even faster way with more formatting options and that is with keyboard shortcuts.
💡BIT TIP: Don't be intimidated by keyboard shortcuts. They are...
- Easy to learn
- Fun to play with
- You'll be able to do more with your smart documents!
- ...and we promise they will make your Bit life even more beautiful.
🎥 Watch this video to learn more👇
1️⃣ How to Format Text Manually
👉🏼1. Highlight any portion of your text.
👉🏼2. You'll see a formatting toolbar appear that will allow you to choose from any of the following options. For this example you can select blockquote:
- Adjust the heading size (H1, H2, H3)
- Create a blockquote
- Create a bullet point list
- Create a numerical list
- Create checklists
- Add hyperlinks to your text
- Highlight your text (pink, orange, yellow, green, blue, purple & grey)
- Link to another document (great for wikis, references, interlinking docs)
- Create Inline comments (@mention teammates and chat)
2️⃣ How to Format Text with Keyboard Shortcuts & Markdown
👉🏼1. Open up a Bit Document and click on the '(?)' help button on the top bar.
👉🏼2. Choose 'Keyboard Shortcuts' from the dropdown menu.
Here is a look at all the keyboard shortcuts and markdown language Bit documents support for Mac & PCs:
🎙 If you have any questions or suggestions, please message us on our in-app chat (click on the [?] on the top bar and select chat with us) or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.