Before inviting your team to Bit, we recommend that you complete the following exercise:
First, imagine what your ideal world would be like if your team was to use Bit.
- What goals will Bit help you achieve?
- What will be possible in the future that isn't right now?
Identify pain points:
- Collaboration is Challenging: We're sharing information as links to our work on Slack, email, during video calls and it's hard to collaborate on that work. Clicking back and forth creates disjointed and messy communication.
- Knowledge Lives Everywhere: Everyone is using different tools to work, but there's not a central place where that information can be tied together, searched, and shared. When employees leave knowledge is leaving with them.
- Workflows are Inconsistent: Our company has meetings and discussions on Zoom and Slack, but when it comes to where we go to work it's a mess. The problem is getting worse with remote work, different time zones and working across teams.
Why Bit Statement
Now you’re ready to draft a “Why Bit” statement using this structure:
“[Team/Organization name] uses Bit to achieve [these projects and processes] and alleviate [these pain points] so that we can accomplish [these goals].”
For example: As a design team, we’re using Bit to collaborate, manage, and share design requests and marketing campaign projects to prevent unclear requests, expedite processes, collaborate efficiently and eliminate duplicate work so that we can decrease campaign turnaround time, work on top priorities, and ensure successful handoffs.
Assemble Your Adoption Alliance
Next, get a group of at least three people to form an “adoption alliance” consisting of the following roles:
- Coordinator—Establishes basic rules about how you’ll use Bit and answer questions teammates have along the way.
- Awareness Builder—Communicates the “Why Bit” goal statement and helps the team feel bought in.
- Celebrator—Recognizes and celebrates wins throughout the process to keep the team motivated.
🎙 If you have any questions or suggestions, please message us on our in-app chat (click on the [?] on the top bar and select chat with us) or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.